Welcome to the Mandel Center of Arizona.
I founded the Center under the mission of helping my clients achieve better living through the accomplishment of their therapeutic goals. I provide personalized support and guidance to my clients, tailoring the therapeutic experience to the individual needs of each person. I invite you to explore my website, and to contact me for more information.
The Mandel Center of Arizona recognizes the importance of an interdisciplinary team approach to therapy — I work in partnership with many Behavioral Health Professionals such as Social Workers, Psychiatrists and Psychologists. Physicians and Nutritionists/R.D.'s are also used when deemed appropriate. This well-rounded approach ensures that the relevant aspects of each client’s health are addressed appropriately and in a coordinated fashion.
I would like to introduce myself. I am Alyssa Mandel, LCSW, founder and Director of the Mandel Center of Arizona. Through the Center, I have created an environment that promotes psychotherapeutic healing for my clients. My philosophy centers around empowering my clients through the therapeutic relationship. I feel strongly that by working with patients from a non-judgmental perspective, fostering a comfortable and trusting environment and “being where the client is,” treatment times becomes more productive for all involved.
I earned my Masters degree from Columbia University’s School of Social Work in New York City, and have been a Licensed Clinical Social Worker for over 16 years. My supportive philosophy is based on years of experience working with people from diverse backgrounds with numerous presenting problems.Awards
• Phoenix Business Journal Forty Under 40 Award, 2008
Professional Affiliations and Certificates
• ADAA (Anxiety Disorders Association of America)
• ANAD (National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders)
• APA (American Psychotherapy Association)
• IAEDP (International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals)
• NASW (National Association of Social Workers)
• NEDA (National Eating Disorders Association)
• American Psychotherapy Association Diplomate and Certified Relationship Specialist
• International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals Vice President/President-Elect, Arizona Chapter